New England Chapter
Field Service Engineer, Life Science Instruments and Software, Washington DC to Boston(posted 2018-03-21)
• LabLogic Systems, a privately owned scientific instrument and software manufacturer is seeking a motivated, positive, results-oriented Field Service Engineer, based anywhere between Washington DC and Boston.
• The candidate will be responsible for providing field service, technical support, software support, applications programming and basic operator training to our customers throughout the U.S.
• The position would suit someone with proven FSE experience, or someone looking to move from laboratory work to a FSE role.
• This is a great opportunity to work with a customer-focused company supporting several niche product lines.
• Our company, with more than 30 years of experience, is a leading manufacturer of instruments and software used in the pharmaceutical, nuclear medicine and life science industries.
• Our products enjoy the highest reputation for providing compliance, reliability and ease of use.
• This position will be based out of hired candidate's home-based office.
• On-site installation and basic operator training of instruments and software
• Preventive maintenance, upgrades and repair of our systems
• Perform validation services (IQ/OQ) of hardware and software
• Identify, analyze, diagnose, and repair products at customer's location
• Provide pre- and post-sales application and software support
• Work closely with service director to coordinate schedule and prioritize service needs
• Assist, as needed and as time allows, with product demonstrations
• Prepare service reports and enter work performed in service database in a timely manner
• Maintain company equipment and property in order
• BS in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biotech or Biology related degree with knowledge in the biotechnology/biomedical industry
• 2 - 5 years professional field experience or laboratory background
• Experience or knowledge of liquid scintillation counting or radioisotopes would be an advantage
• Travel required, weekday overnight travel approximately 50%
• Some overseas travel may be required
• Must be highly motivated and have strong problem-solving ability
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Must be able to work independently
• Computer experience and proficiency is a must.
We offer a base salary of $50-70k DOE and an excellent benefits package, including: auto allowance, 401(k) match, medical, dental and vision insurance, plus 3 weeks paid vacation.
When applying, send resume, plus cover letter or note highlighting 3 specific reasons your background and/or accomplishments make you a strong candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information or questions about NECHPS or this website, contact our webmaster.
© Copyright 1998-2011 New England Chapter Health Physics Society.